Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I had a crazy busy Labor Day Weekend.  It began with pizza and a movie Friday night with my husband.  Then Saturday we attended an evening picnic with a nice family bonding fire at my aunt and uncle's home.  I spent my morning on Saturday preparing these pretty little sugar free cupcakes topped with my Labor Day cupcake toppers.  My uncle is diabetic and gets a kick out of swapping my sugar free cupcake signs with the real sugar versions.  For some reason he thinks this is hysterical, no idea why, but my father fell for it and kept raving about my delicious sugar free cupcakes when he was really eating the full leaded peanut butter and chocolate variety another guest had brought.  No, they are not children.  But this is probably why my family's parties are fun and funny.

The next day we raced home from staying the night at my aunt and uncle's to head off to my husband's family picnic.  We had a lovely time enjoying conversation my sister-in-laws and watching our niece.  But we were completely beat from the night before.

Then today we did my family's favorite Labor Day activity - The Great Stoneboro Fair - Oh yeah!  It is a crazy itty bitty little carnival without which my life would not be the same.  When I was young I always thought it was crazy that I got to go to a fair on a school night!  I have so many warm and fun memories and now that our family has expanded to include mine and my brother's spouses it has become even more enjoyable.  My weekend inspired this Etsy treasury Kettle Korn.  I hope you enjoy it and that you enjoyed your holiday.
veryvintage
Klewism
Ruthmikos

No comments:

Post a Comment